Via Instagram, MTV's Teen Wolf star Charlie Carver self-identifies as gay and quotes, "I owe it to myself, more than anything, to be who I needed when I was younger". 
Carver has played as many gay characters but hasn't come out publicly as gay until now.  


“Be who you needed when you were younger”. About a year ago, I saw this photo while casually scrolling through my Instagram one morning. I’m not one for inspirational quotes, particularly ones attributed to “Mx Anonymous”- something mean in me rebukes the pithiness of proverbs...

Continue reading here, on his Instagram where he made a series of posts with heartfelt words to his fans and those who look up to him. We're happy for you, Charlie! A world with acceptance for individualism and interdependence is a world where all beings can grow happily together. We hope that you continue to aspire and inspire. Amazing acts of bravery should be noted as we should continue to encourage others to be brave, be themselves, and be happy as who they are.