Musiq Soulchild...a grand artist, one you can't dislike. I always thought he was a great R&B singer. Ever since I was a child, I never really knew what he looked like, but I knew he had a fantastic voice, and great songs. I'm a 90s baby, so I feel like I was born around the time where both hip-hop and R&B took a turn for the worse. Don't get me wrong, you have great singers out now, Bei Maejor, Drake, The Weeknd, Mindless Behavior, and I don't feel like their songs are bad, nor their voices, but it just isn't the same, and that's something you can't deny. But aside from the obvious, Musiq Soulchild ALWAYS sang from his heart, and his latest single, "Yes," is really straight from the soul. It has power and strength, and a very strong purpose. The song is about breast cancer, and is dedicated to all loved ones who didn't make it, who lived strongly with breast cancer. He shows his support for the woman he loves in the video, and how much he truly cares, and wants for her to understand that he will always be there. This song can be used for many purposes, you can say this song represents true love as well. This song, I feel from the soul and just makes me want to get up and dance. The beat is great, his voice just pushes it as far as it can go. "Yes" is truly spectacular.

Now...another thing. The Billboard charts. I kinda scrunch my face up at the way this beautiful song charted. I can't blame The Billboards for giving me the straight truth, I just can't bare to see this song being number 30 on the list. I mean, I'm more than happy to even see the song up there, but a beautiful song to be ignored (and viewed) so much that it made it to number 30? You've got to be kidding me. I'm kinda pissed about that, but sh** happens! Check out the video for yourself, below.